Ave Maria in a Roman Theatre

This video comes via Catholic and Enjoying It. A reader wrote to Mark Shea, saying
It's a DIY recording I made of the Schubert Ave Maria at Aspendos in Turkey. The acoustics in this almostly perfectly preserved Roman theater are nothing short of amazing -- a singer's dream. There was no amplification, no digital manipulation, and the only microphone was the little pinhole one on my three-year old digital camera. Notice too that the kind young woman from Kazakhstan who held my camera for me was halfway up the theater steps.


I get tempted to do this when visiting ancient theatres. Somebody usually stops me. Then again, I haven't got the voice that this fellow has. The alternative is to declaim as much of Cicero's first Oration against Catiline as I can remember. Friends usually try to distract me from that too - beer, sedatives, plank of 4x2 to the kidneys, that sort of thing.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

Beachy Head and Lewes

SPUC Clergy information day

Święcone - blessing of Easter food

When people walk away with Holy Communion