Photos from Rome

Time to share a few photos from my Rome trip last week. First off, an illustration of what I meant when I said that Rome was "rammo". Here is a small section of St Peter's Square on a normal Monday afternoon:

Here is my shot of the Pantheon on the evening that we had dinner with Fr Z. -

The garden at the English College is lovingly cared for by Mgr Brian Chestle, one of the seven Protonotaries Apostolic at the Secretariat of State who has lived at the College for many years. It is a delightful haven in the heart of Rome:

Mgr Hudson, the Rector, showed us the newly restored third library. Difficult to capture well because of the bright ceiling but I hope this gives you some idea:

I mentioned that I invited bloggers and readers to join us at the Bar Pantheon. Here is Fr Z (What Does The Prayer Really Say) being (unsuccessfully) anonymous:

And here is the group, (left to right) Fr Charles Briggs, Don Marco (Vultus Christi), Fr Z, Michael from the English College (Northampton Seminarian), Bernard from the Irish College, and Aaron from the English College.

(Don Marco had a most interesting story about a young girl buried at Santa Croce, whose cause for canonisation is currently being investigated. I'll post more when I have read about her.)

And I must not omit another student who joined us later: Brother Edward from the London Oratory who is currently studying theology in Rome.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

Beachy Head and Lewes

SPUC Clergy information day

Święcone - blessing of Easter food

When people walk away with Holy Communion